Cloud Provisioned Services
Cloud Provisioned Services – Why they make sense to an organisation.
Cost – by deploying what services you need via the Cloud rather than on-premise will generally mean that your organisation will spend less on hardware & systems infrastructure in the long run. You will only pay for what your organisation needs & when it needs it. You can ramp up when staff levels increase & reduce requirements as staff reduces. You can add a service as required or remove it when no longer needed. This all makes deployment of IT infrastructure & applications via the Cloud very cost responsive to your organisations current needs.
People efficiency - the ability to securely access you data and work whenever and wherever you want will increase efficiency and staff satisfaction. Provisioning your IT systems via the Cloud makes it easier to securely access & work from anywhere there is broadband access.
Environmentally efficient - Cloud based services are often described as being more efficient due to the ability to run servers at a much higher utilisation. This scale reduces the carbon footprint of the Cloud provisioned service.
Private & Hybrid Cloud
Organisations may decide for a variety of reasons that they no longer want to own or manage IT assets, but are also unsure how to achieve their goal without compromising on performance, security and value for money. There are a many options and variables to consider before an organisation moves some or all of its requirements to the Cloud. Not all IT workloads should be moved to the Cloud. Simple questions should be answered: is this workload strategic to my organisation in terms of revenue or growth? Who needs to access the solution and from where? Is the bandwidth appropriate? Is the workload/application designed to run successfully in a distributed environment?
With over 3600 supported applications the options are almost endless but many customers will want to move applications that are currently running on existing physical servers, applications such as SQL, MySQL, SharePoint, File servers, Citrix, Active Directory, Oracle, SAP, in fact almost anything you can think of! You can provision as little as one service via the Cloud or indeed look to completely remove the need for on-premise server hardware within the organisation.
Typically, organisations initially look to a hosted Exchange & hosted Backup as the two key Cloud Provisioned Services customers look to fulfill.
Hosted Exchange - a business-class email messaging and collaboration service designed to help organisations communicate securely, efficiently and effectively. A 25GB mail box per user with the option of using your own or a downloadable Outlook client is available along with the option of an enhanced anti-spam filter is priced from as little as €10 per month per user. Organisations looking to deploy the latest version of Microsoft Office via the Cloud can also opt into one of Microsoft Office 365 Plans that include Office Professional Plus (available as Plan E3 at €19 per user per month). This has the added benefit of customers not having to consider updating older versions of their Microsoft Office when they update their desktops or laptops. Diatec’s team offers a migration service for as little as €100 per user to migrate you to the cloud and that includes planning, implementation and training.
To find out what PLAN is suitable for your organisation talk to one of our Senior Account Managers on 01-8530661 or email us.
Backup and security
Backups are an essential part of any business continuity plan, but are you still using physical media when you could be backing up your data safely, securely and reliably to the cloud? It is common practice to use internet and cloud technologies to make your backup processes easy – if you’re still relying on error prone routines of tape or disk rotation and off-site storage of physical media then it’s time to look at online backup.
Asriga Cloud Backup is the most secure way to backup business-critical information. It is an affordable, feature-rich, cloud data backup and fast data recovery service that is easy to install, administer, and use. The service is delivered over a communications link using the TCP/IP protocol and is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. It is suitable for every type of company - small, mid-size and enterprise-wide; multiple-platform LAN computing environments that want to safeguard their critical business data in a secure off-site location. Asigra Cloud Backup is designed to offer backup efficiencies unavailable with traditional backup architecture by allowing you to capture less, ingest less, and store less data - reducing the amount of backup assets you buy, manage and maintain. All data is stored within multiple ISO27001 certified data centres and never ever leaves the Irish jurisdiction, thus the location of your data is always known. This means that any current or future compliance standards can be achieved knowing exactly where your data resides.
Asigra Cloud Backup Service - the advantages
• Agentless solution – No 3rd party agents, options or plug-ins required. A single install will protect the entire LAN and backup all servers, desktops and laptops connected.
• Compatible with more data networks environments than any other online backup platform – Asigra has passed rigorous product compatibility testing by Microsoft, Novell, IBM, Nortel Networks, Cisco Systems, Lucent Technologies and other vendors. Guaranteeing a 100% effective backup.
• Tiered recovery – Align the value of your data with the cost of protecting it - Local Only on premises backup (Disk to Disk) + Cloud Backup to primary storage and local cache for fast restores and Cloud Backup to secondary archival storage for compliance.
• Keep earlier versions of your data longer - With Asigra’s advanced retention policies; you can keep your data longer and have better access to older archived data.
• Deduplication – source and target file deduplication delivers industry leading compression yields.
• Advanced backup and recovery for virtual machines – Certified by both VMware & Microsoft (Hyper-V) Back up and recover VMs with any-to-any restore capability.
• Native clients for Windows, MAC & Linux – Backup all major databases and applications.
• Recover entire email servers or just a single email - Quickly restore Exchange and other email data - whether it's an entire bank of servers or even a single email!
• Autonomic Healing – Data validation ensuring guaranteed data restores.
• “Bare metal" disaster recovery onto different hardware - Recover entire servers from a disaster, even if the new hardware or operating system is different from the old one.
• Data Security – up to AES256 Encryption FIPS140-2 Certified by NIST (US Dept. of Commerce) for backing up of sensitive data, supports password rotation, key escrow management to provide multiple layers of security demanded by multi-tenant cloud environments.
• Compliance – Fully complies with Irish & International data protection laws, SOX, HIPAA, Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, FDA 21 CRF II Finance ACT, DPA-UK, SEC/NASD, PCI and many more.
• NO CAP-EX – Our proposition is based on a monthly subscription with zero upfront costs with Competitive pricing – we charge only for the stored/provisioned data on our vault after deduplication and compression and not the amount of data you are protecting (i.e. Source + changes / additional versions)
• ISO2700:2005 Certified by Certification Europe. Fully monitored & fully managed service / helpdesk and 24 x 7 x 365 emergency support, €2,600,000 Professional Indemnity
Typically a user with less than 500GB of active data will have a cost per GB of approximately €2 & half that for archive data.
Talk to one of our Senior Account Managers on 01-8530661 or email us & see what DATA your organisation should be backing up. We can arrange to profile your existing data to determine what exactly your backup requirement is.